I recently moved and I had to start all over with my cleaning products. It wasn’t because I had used all of them up, but simply because I didn’t want the toxic ingredients that were in my cleaning products to spill over everything. The ingredients in our store-bought cleaners can be so disgusting and harmful to us. So why do we buy them?
Yes, it is easier to run to the Dollar Store and grab a cart full of things, but in the end, homemade and natural products are just better for you and your home. I wanted to make a comprehensive list of all the amazing cleaning products you can make from home that won’t leave you guessing at their ingredients!
– 2 cups of water
– ½ cup white or cider vinegar
– 1-2 drops of orange essential oil for smell (optional)
1. Combine these ingredients and pour them in a spray bottle. Spray onto a paper towel of microfiber cloth and wipe your windows.
– 1 cup of washing soda
– 1 cup of borax
– ¼ cup of white vinegar (or lemon juice)
– ¼ cup epsom salt
– 20-25 drops of lemon essential oil
1. Mix the soda, borax, and epsom salt in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Add in the vinegar and the essential oils.
3. Press the mixture into a silicone mold and allow them to sit overnight.
4. Pop them out and you’re done!
– 1 cup of baking soda
– ½ cup cornstarch
– 5 drops of any essential oil
1. Combine the baking soda and cornstarch into a medium bowl, then add five drops of your favorite essential oil.
2. Stir to combine the ingredients and pour the mixture into a jar using a funnel.
3. Use a hammer and nails to punch holes into the jar’s lid.
4. Sprinkle the solution onto carpets as needed.
5. Let the mixture sit for at least 30 minutes before vacuuming it up.
– 2 cups water
– ½ cup white vinegar
– 2 Tbsp liquid castile soap or dish soap
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a spray bottle.
2. Spray all over the shower and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
3. Wipe area when dry.
– ½ cup baking soda
– 1 gallon of water
– 1 cup of white vinegar
– ½ lemon
1. Pour the baking soda down the drain.
2. Mix the vinegar and the juice from ½ a lemon. Pour that mixture down the drain after the baking soda.
3. Wait five minutes then pour a gallon of hot water down the drain.
(All-Purpose Except for Wood)
– 2 cups baking soda
– 10 drops lemon essential oil
– 10 drops clove essential oil
– 1 squirt of castile soap
– A few drops of water
1. Mix the baking soda with the essential oils using a butter knife. Store in an upright container.
2. Sprinkle the mixture over the sink surface then add the soap and a few drops of water.
3. Scrub with a brush.
– 2 tsp olive oil
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– ¼ cup white vinegar
– 1 cup of warm water
1. Combine all the ingredients into a spray bottle and shake to mix.
– 3 Tbsp Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap
– 3 Tbsp white vinegar
– ½ cup of water
1. Get a mason jar and cut the top so it has a hole in it. Place paper towels in the jar and pour the mixture in.
2. The roll of paper towels will come right out after they have been saturated.
After all this DIYing, cleaning will be a breeze! What are you most excited to make? Do you make your own cleaning products? Comment down below!
If You Want To Clean Up Your House, Read These Articles: